A E Gibson & Co
818 Pascoe Vale Rd Glenroy
03 9306 0255
03 9306 9448Contact us
Understand the market: Are you in a Buyer’s Market, Seller’s Market or balanced Market. Each market has it’s own characteristics, learn which phase the market is in and what that means for the properties on sale.
Choose the best agent: Choose an agent who knows their local areas and knows the people who make up the community. Ask to see their selling portfolio, credentials and even ask to contact previous clients. Agents with good communication skills, proven selling records and a strong connection with the local community will have a better chance of finding prospective buyers than an agent merely offering the least commission.
What time of year: Properties sell year round though traditionally spring is when most people sell. The mild weather tends to bring out the buyers in bigger numbers and gardens are at their most appealing.
Set an appropriate sell price: The largest number of potential buyers will be attracted to your property in the first 30 days. Therefore it’s important your property is priced to suit the market in which you are selling. Research shows that if a home is overpriced it attracts fewer buyers; it takes longer to sell and eventually sells at a lower price than a correctly priced home when it first comes onto the market. Conversely under pricing can have potential buyers wondering what is wrong with the property. Choose an agent that can provide an accurate appraisal of your property and determine the correct value through a good understanding of market conditions.
Decide on Auction or Tender: Research the benefits and considerations of both the auction process and the tender process. Different sellers will benefit differently from either mode of sale, so it’s best to find out the ideal solution for your situation.
Allocate marketing budget: Speak to your agent about the different marketing options available for your property and decide on the appropriate amount your willing to spend relative to the value of your property. Here are some great questions to ask your agent about marketing:
– How will you advertise my property?
– Do you provide feature sheets about my property?
– Will my property be on the internet?
– Do you have a referral network of potential buyers?
– May I see a sample of past homes sold?
– What marketing do you do differently to other real estate agents?
– How will you provide regular feedback to me?
– Can you present me with a marketing strategy that covers the entire listing
Prepare for open home inspections:
– First impressions are important so give your property a good street appeal.
– Minimise your personal effects
– Secure your valuables such as jewellery and money.
– Create an atmosphere with low volume, easy listening music in the background.
– Make arrangements to have your pets stay at a friend’s house.
– Brighten up your home with fresh flowers and fruit.
– Make sure the house smells pleasant.
– Ensure exteriors and interiors are looking their best.
For more comprehensive information on these tips contact A.E. Gibson & Co, your local Professionals Agent, for your free copy of the Pathway to Selling booklet or download your free copy today:
A.E. Gibson & Co
• 818 Pascoe Vale Rd, Glenroy VIC 3046
• Tel: 03 9306 0255
• Fax: 03 9306 9448